Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Cooking with the Dillmans

Last week I was craving something sweet, not just a piece of chocolate, but a good dessert. I knew we didn't have much to make something with but I had Nutella so I began searching for some recipes that I could possibly make, and it led me to a 5-ingredient cookie with sea salt via Ambitious Kitchen.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup nutella
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup flour + 1 tablespoon
  • coarse sea salt for sprinkling

That's it!! So we followed the instructions and about 20 minutes later we had gooey nutella goodness. They tasted awesome and I was sick so my taste buds weren't up to par so I'm confident that they'll be even better next time. I've also been craving them since we made them. A little tip, Harris Teeter just happens to have the large jars of Nutella on sale for $5.30 from $8.75, so make yourself some cookies!
(photo via Ambitious Kitchen)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Combine all ingredients besides salt in a large bowl with electric mixer until well combined. Place dough in freezer for 10 minutes.
  3. After 10 minutes roll dough into approximately 1-inch balls, place on ungreased baking sheet at least two inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes until cookies are set, then very carefully transfer to a wire rack. Generously sprinkle with sea salt.

xoxo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment