Thursday, January 16, 2014

Figuring Out My Living (room) Style

One of the things I think that has been the hardest is figuring out what my style and focus is. When I first graduated college one of my big purchases was a couch from Ikea, the Ektorp in white. I actually find it very comfortable and have really enjoyed it. I have purchased a great amount of our furniture from Ikea while mixing in other pieces. I'm the type of girl that will wear Old Navy dresses but will splurge on shoes, so that's how I feel about my house. I don't have a mass amount of money to spend on furniture so I pick and choose my battles and realize that accessories can add a lot to a space!

Here's what our old apartment looked like. I quite liked it and thought it looked pretty great for what I could afford.

So once we bought the new house my mind started spinning with ideas and a good 30 days of Pinteresting while we closed on the house. These living rooms stand out the most to me and have allowed me to sort of narrow down my style. I'm realizing that I am inspired a lot by mid-century modern and a bit eclectic. I really enjoy bright colors, animal prints, black and white, and of course patterns and textures. Definitely love the likes of Jamie Meares, another Raleigh native!

Here are some of my favorite living rooms:
 
Bright and eclectic with a pink ceiling via Garden & Gun

 Calm and collected via A Life's Design/Better Homes and Garden

 
Obsessed with colored sofas, especially in velvet.. via Studio Anneta

 
Bold and beautiful and home of Jamie Meares via Furbish Studio

Can't deny my love for orange and this bold and beautiful space via La Maison Boheme

Got mad love for that blue couch and black and white rug y'all.. via Style by Emily Henderson

This beaut by Jamie Meares in Raleigh is so rad, love it all via Furbish Studio

Gotta love that coffee table and the pops of color in this room via Dooce

I've got the serious blues over this room.. via Mrs. Blandings

I've always been obsessed with Bailey McCarthy's green couch via Peppermint Bliss

Orange is the new black, duh.. via Zhush

Amazing curtains and fun colors for a big wow via Daily Dream Decor

So which living room is your favorite from the above? I can't decide, I love them all. They're all so different and it would be so fun to come home to such cheery colors and interior inspiration! I can't wait to really start making our living room what it can be and have the opportunity to change things if I don't like it, because it's my home! Hooray!! Stay tuned!

xoxo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment